Mint goes hand in hand with the holiday season. Minty candy canes, mint chocolates, mint hot chocolate and more. This green smoothie will give you a blast of mint and a power punch of nutrition too!
Some of the benefits of mint are:
- Promotes digest
- Aids in weight loss
- Improves oral health
- Good for your skin
- Alleviates allergies and hay fever
- Protects against radiation -induced DNA damage
- Good treatment for IBS
This recipe also contains the meat and water of a young Thai coconut. The coconut water has numerous benefits including:
- Full of electrolytes
- Kills intestinal works
- Soothes uninary tract infections
- Urinary antisepctic
- Reduces food cravings
- Anti-bacterial and Anti-fungal
- Boosts metabolism
- Full of enzymes to aid in digestions
- and more...
You will need a good blender to make this smoothie. You will 4-5 servings from this recipe. My boys love it so I rarely have leftovers but you could freeze the leftovers to make minty chocolate popsicles.
- 1 half a bunch of fresh mint ( you can add more if not minty enough)
- 1-2 cups of spinach
- 1/3 cup of raw cacao powder
- the meat and water of one young Thai coconut
- 4-6 frozen bananas (depending on size)
- enough water to blend
- 2-3 medjool dates (if you need added sweetness)
Put all the greens, the young Thai coconut water and meat, and cacao powder. Blend it down, add the bananas and water to blend. Add more mint if needed, add the dates if you need added sweetness. Blend until smooth. Serve and enjoy.
Recipe by Raw Chef Debra Garner
To learn more about the raw food/plant based diet and Debra's services please visit her website. She offers a 6 week raw vegan/plant based coaching program as well as ready made raw vegan creations.